Kohima: In a significant development, former ‘kilo kilonser’ (home minister) and current member of negotiating team of the Naga insurgent group NSCN-IM with the Centre, Hukavi Yepthomi, decided to leave the group and join the working committee of the Naga National Political Groups (NNPG) on Thursday.
The decision of the senior member of the NSCN-IM negotiation team to leave the organisation and join the NNPG, an umbrella organisation of seven insurgent groups, assumes significance as the ongoing Naga talks have been inconclusive despite two crucial meetings held in New Delhi during the month of October this year. The second crucial dialogue to end the ‘deadlock’ to the Naga political talks between the Centre and the NSCN (IM) in New Delhi on Thursday remained inconclusive yet again as both the sides were at loggerheads on the core issue of separate flag and constitution.
Sources in the Union home ministry have already said that the government of India has set a deadline of October 31 to conclude the process of talks with the Naga rebel groups. The Centre has also made it clear that the demand of separate flag and constitution would not be accepted.
- Arunachal women conferred with ‘Inspiring Woman Award’
- Nagaland Lottery December 7: Check Dear Teesta Morning lottery result
- Mon killing: Nagaland government calls off Hornbill festival
- Nagaland incident: Genocide on pretext of mistaken identity, says NEFIP
- Nagaland: Konyak Union declares 7-day mourning, Mon bandh today
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for Dec 7