Aizawl: Jeremy Lalrinnunga, a 16-year-old boy from Mizoram, has bagged a gold medal with a new record lift of 299 kg at the ongoing Asian Youth and Junior Weightlifting Championship being held in Pyongyang, North Korea.
His record in the 67 kg weight category is: Snatch: 134 kg, Clean & Jerk: 165 kg.
The Asian Youth and Junior Weightlifting Championship, where lifters aged between 15 and 20 years compete, is an important qualification event for Tokyo Olympics 2020. In this year’s championship, a total of 126 weightlifters — 53 women and 73 men — took part.
Jeremy surpassed his own record of 297 kg, which he achieved in Ningbo at the Asian Weightlifting Championship in April this year.
- 273 new COVID-19 cases in Mizoram
- China says US diplomatic boycott violates Olympic spirit
- Sikkim government proposes creation of two more districts
- Mizoram to get bamboo link roads
- End of an era: Germany’s Merkel bows out after 16 years
- SKM blames ex-SDF legislators for Limboo-Tamang reservation failure