Shillong: The mortal remains of Archbishop Dominic Jala will arrive at Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport in Guwahati, Assam at 2.45 pm on Sunday, said sources.
On the way to Shillong, the capital of Meghalaya, the mortal remains will be first taken to Guwahati Provincial House, then Byrnihat Parish, Nongpoh Parish, Umsning Parish, and Mawlai Parish. The mortal remains will be kept in his parental home in Mawlai Phudmuri for the night.
From October 21, till the funeral, the remains will be kept in Cathedral Church in Shillong for faithfuls to pay their tributes.
The funeral will take place on October 23 at the Cathedral of Mary Help of Christian, Laitumkhrah, Shillong at 1 pm.
Archbishop of Shillong Archdiocese, Most Rev Dominic Jala, was killed in a road accident in California, US on October 10, 2019.
- Meghalaya elections 2023: UDP announces first list of candidates
- Nagaland: Stone pulling ceremony marks 142 years of Anglo-Naga peace treaty
- Saket Gokhale’s detention is a panic stricken BJP’s reaction: Abhishek
- Arunachal forest officer rescued hours after abduction, 4 arrested
- Meghalaya slowest growing state of India in FY 2021: RBI data
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for December 6