Shillong: The mortal remains of Archbishop Dominic Jala will arrive at Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport in Guwahati, Assam at 2.45 pm on Sunday, said sources.
On the way to Shillong, the capital of Meghalaya, the mortal remains will be first taken to Guwahati Provincial House, then Byrnihat Parish, Nongpoh Parish, Umsning Parish, and Mawlai Parish. The mortal remains will be kept in his parental home in Mawlai Phudmuri for the night.
From October 21, till the funeral, the remains will be kept in Cathedral Church in Shillong for faithfuls to pay their tributes.
The funeral will take place on October 23 at the Cathedral of Mary Help of Christian, Laitumkhrah, Shillong at 1 pm.
Archbishop of Shillong Archdiocese, Most Rev Dominic Jala, was killed in a road accident in California, US on October 10, 2019.
- Nagaland incident: Genocide on pretext of mistaken identity, says NEFIP
- Nagaland: Konyak Union declares 7-day mourning, Mon bandh today
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for Dec 7
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for Dec 7
- Nagaland Police: Army made no attempt to ID civilians before Mon shooting
- Nagaland killings: Mizoram CM extends solidarity