Kohima: Jacob Krocha (32) alias Joseph, an alleged extortionist, was apprehended from Kezieke Colony in Kohima, Nagaland around 2:35 pm on Wednesday.
A press release issued by the PRO defence said that Krocha was apprehended in connection with a complaint report regarding extortion through mobile phone No. (bearing nos : 8415950894/ 6009566801) in and around Kohima.
Krocha is the son of late Thekho Krocha of Zhavame in Phek district and was currently staying at Naga Bazar Colony in Kohima, the release said.
“On preliminary inquiry, it was ascertained that the arrested person is an active member of the NSCN (Khango) faction in the rank of SS Tatar,” the release added.
It has been said that the arrested person is found to be involved in several instances of extortion in and around Kohima town from business establishments, contractors and individuals.
A case, in this regard, has been registered under U/S 384 IPC R/W 7 NSR R/W 13 UAP Act at Chiephobozou Police Station and further investigations are still on.
However, on verification about the association of the accused with NSCN (Khango), sources close to the outfit told EastMojo that Krocha is not a member and that there is no member in the outfit by that name.
- Nagaland reports 4 fresh COVID-19 cases
- Charged with new case, arrested Meghalaya BJP leader back in police custody
- Indian, Pakistani independence 75 years on: Unresolved conflicts and Kashmir
- Why the ‘Mizoram Single Mothers Foundation’ came into existence
- ‘Laal Singh Chaddha’ lacks that sense of urgency and seriousness
- NF Railway makes record collection of nearly Rs 36 crores in fine from ticketless travelers