Kohima: Jacob Krocha (32) alias Joseph, an alleged extortionist, was apprehended from Kezieke Colony in Kohima, Nagaland around 2:35 pm on Wednesday.
A press release issued by the PRO defence said that Krocha was apprehended in connection with a complaint report regarding extortion through mobile phone No. (bearing nos : 8415950894/ 6009566801) in and around Kohima.
Krocha is the son of late Thekho Krocha of Zhavame in Phek district and was currently staying at Naga Bazar Colony in Kohima, the release said.
“On preliminary inquiry, it was ascertained that the arrested person is an active member of the NSCN (Khango) faction in the rank of SS Tatar,” the release added.
It has been said that the arrested person is found to be involved in several instances of extortion in and around Kohima town from business establishments, contractors and individuals.
A case, in this regard, has been registered under U/S 384 IPC R/W 7 NSR R/W 13 UAP Act at Chiephobozou Police Station and further investigations are still on.
However, on verification about the association of the accused with NSCN (Khango), sources close to the outfit told EastMojo that Krocha is not a member and that there is no member in the outfit by that name.
- Watch: Meghalaya children fall sick after eating ice cream
- Develop ALGs to start fixed-wing flight services in Arunachal: CM to Centre
- Tokyo logs record 5,042 new COVID-19 cases as infections surge amid Olympic Games
- Arunachal: Centre okays memorial for jawan who killed 79 Chinese soldiers in 1962 war
- Assam Gorkhas won’t be tried and prosecuted under the Citizenship Act
- Nagaland Assembly concerned over school ‘occupied’ by Assam Police 14 yrs ago