Guwahati: At the ongoing ASBC Asian Confederation Junior Boxing Championships in Fujairah, United Arab Emirates, 15 Indian pugilists, including 10 girls and five boys, have reached the finals.
The Boxing Federation of India (BFI) on Twitter wrote, “India dominantes in UAE!” Wishing the boxers, the federation pumped them to “Go for the gold!”
At UAE championship, of the 26 participating nations, 11 have a chance to win the gold medal after the semi-finals.
Also Read: Rima Das’ ‘For Each Other’ premieres at Pingyao film fest in China
In the men’s category, eight nations have got at least one finalist — six each from Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan; five from India, two each from China, Japan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan, and one from Philippines.
In the women’s category after the semi-final, seven nations have at least one finalist, which are — 10 from India, five from Uzbekistan, four from Kazakhstan, three from China, two from chinese Taipei and one each from Mongolia and Thailand.
Only those boxers born in 2003 or 2004 are eligible to attend the Asian Confederation Junior Boxing Championships in Fujairah, UAE.
- Depression over Arabian Sea likely to intensify into cyclonic storm: IMD
- Greasy affair: Journalist among 3 held for OIL pilferage in Tinsukia
- CBI begins Balasore train probe, collects first-hand report
- Manipur: Several organisations meet Governor to appeal for peace
- Nepal and India should hold talks to resolve border issue: PM Prachanda
- Over 10,000 displaced people from Manipur move to Mizoram and Assam