Guwahati: At the ongoing ASBC Asian Confederation Junior Boxing Championships in Fujairah, United Arab Emirates, 15 Indian pugilists, including 10 girls and five boys, have reached the finals.
The Boxing Federation of India (BFI) on Twitter wrote, “India dominantes in UAE!” Wishing the boxers, the federation pumped them to “Go for the gold!”
At UAE championship, of the 26 participating nations, 11 have a chance to win the gold medal after the semi-finals.
In the men’s category, eight nations have got at least one finalist — six each from Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan; five from India, two each from China, Japan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan, and one from Philippines.
In the women’s category after the semi-final, seven nations have at least one finalist, which are — 10 from India, five from Uzbekistan, four from Kazakhstan, three from China, two from chinese Taipei and one each from Mongolia and Thailand.
Only those boxers born in 2003 or 2004 are eligible to attend the Asian Confederation Junior Boxing Championships in Fujairah, UAE.
- US govt aware of long delays in visa appointments in India: WH
- Pakistan ready to play its part for SAARC’s revival: PM Shehbaz Sharif
- AAP to contest at least 25 seats in Mizoram next year: Senior leader
- Meghalaya: Biotech KISAN Hub field demonstration unit now at NEHU
- Nobel Prize Day: Here are some interesting facts you didn’t know
- AIFF to strictly follow transparency in financial dealings: Secy Gen Prabhakaran