Itanagar : A new national record was set by Golom Tinku, a 13-year-old boy from Arunachal Pradesh, when he lifted 215 kg in the 55-kg body weight category during the 15th Youth National Weightlifting Championship underway in Bihar on Wednesday.
Tinku lifted 93 kg in snatch and 122 in clean & jerk for a total of 215 kg to win the gold.
Another promising weightlifter from the state, Shankar Lapung, who also took part in the same bodyweight category, won the bronze medal.
Arunachal Pradesh chief minister Pema Khandu has congratulated Golom Tinku for bringing laurels to the state through social media posts.
- Tripura 2023: Left to leave ‘few more’ seats to Congress
- Meghalaya 2023: Cong will win 10 seats in Garo Hills, says Deborah Marak
- Himanta to accompany Tripura CM for filing nomination in Assembly polls
- Tripura 2023: Protests rock BJP as workers quit over denied tickets
- Acts of terrorism under control in Assam: DGP-designate
- Tripura 2023: TIPRA Motha to contest 42 seats; Pradyot opts out