Itanagar : A new national record was set by Golom Tinku, a 13-year-old boy from Arunachal Pradesh, when he lifted 215 kg in the 55-kg body weight category during the 15th Youth National Weightlifting Championship underway in Bihar on Wednesday.
Tinku lifted 93 kg in snatch and 122 in clean & jerk for a total of 215 kg to win the gold.
Another promising weightlifter from the state, Shankar Lapung, who also took part in the same bodyweight category, won the bronze medal.
Arunachal Pradesh chief minister Pema Khandu has congratulated Golom Tinku for bringing laurels to the state through social media posts.
- Fabindia’s ‘Jashn-e-Riwaaz’ sparks controversy, Netizens allege ‘Abrahamisation’ of Diwali
- Manipur: Police seize arms, ammunition & drugs worth Rs 40 lakh
- Mary Kom to skip National Women’s Boxing Championships
- NESFB Guwahati has 133 vacancies. Details here
- Dera chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim sentenced to life
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for October 18