India’s largest lender has made it mandatory for every customer to link Aadhaar card with their existing bank accounts. We are making it simpler for you to do so
New Delhi: Having problems linking your Aadhaar card to your State Bank of India account? Here are some simple processes that SBI is offering to its customers to link their Aadhaar card through various platforms.
With the step taken by India’s largest lender to make it mandatory for every customer to link their Aadhaar card with their existing accounts in the bank, the customers of the bank have been jam-packing their home branches to get their Aadhaar card linked with their existing accounts.
To make it much simpler and easier for their customer to get their account linked with their Aadhaar card, the bank is now letting their costumer get their account linked with their Adhaar through five different platforms according to the official website of the State Bank of India.
1. Click on the homepage banner ‘Link your AADHAAR Number with your bank account’
2. Navigate the screens to get your AADHAAR number linked
3. Status of mapping will be advised to you on your registered mobile number.
The second procedure is through SBI internet banking portal where one can go to www.onlinesbi.com and follow the following steps:
1. Log in to www.onlinesbi.com
2. Navigate to ‘Link your Aadhaar number’ under ‘My Accounts’, appearing on the left panel of the screen.
3. On the next page, select the account number, input the Aadhaar number and click on ‘Submit’.
4. The last 2 digits of the registered mobile number (non-editable) will be displayed to you.
5. Status of mapping will be advised to you on your registered mobile number.
One can also link their Aadhaar card by using the ‘SBI Anywhere’ app in their smartphone and follow the following steps:
1. Login to SBI Anywhere app
2. Click on ‘Requests’
3. Click on ‘Aadhaar’
4. Click on ‘Aadhaar Linking’
5. Select your CIF from the drop-down list
6. Enter your Aadhaar number
7. Select T&C and submit
8. You will receive an SMS on your registered mobile number regarding the status of seeding.
The SBI ATM boots also have a feature from where one can link their Aadhaar card with their account by following these simple steps:
1. Visit an SBI ATM
2. Swipe your ATM cum Debit Card and enter your PIN
3. Select the menu ‘Service – Registrations’
4. In this menu, select Aadhaar Registration (or Inquiry as per your need)
5. You can now select the Account type (Savings/Checking) after which you will be asked to enter your Aadhaar number.
6. You will be prompted to re-enter the same.
7. You will receive an SMS on your registered mobile number regarding the status of seeding.
The fifth procedure that the bank offers to its customers is through their SBI home branch where one has to do these following steps:
1. Visit your nearest SBI branch
2. Carry a copy of your Aadhaar number or e-aadhaar.
3. Fill in a Letter of Request
4. Submit the above with the Xerox copy of Aadhaar letter.
5. After necessary verification, the linking will be done by the branch.
6. You will receive an SMS on your registered mobile number regarding the status of seeding.