Agartala: Tripura Police has detained a youth, identified as Anupam Sinha, from Manipur for derogatory comments on social media against Tripura West MP Pratima Bhoumik.
Speaking with EastMojo, West Agartala police station officer-in-charge DP Roy said that on October 10, a written complaint was lodged by Sunit Sarkar of Agartala against Anupam Sinha for his remarks against the Tripura West MP.
“A complaint against Anupam Sinha was lodged for his derogatory comments in Facebook posts against the Tripura West MP and BJP state general secretary Pratima Bhowmik. Soon after receiving the complaint, we started the investigation,” Roy said.
The accused hails from Kalyanpur in Khowai district. He was absconding soon after receiving information of a case against him. After receiving a tip-off a team of police was sent in Manipur and Anupam was arrested from the Ukhrul district on Sunday evening, the OC added.
Earlier on April 26, another Anupam Paul was booked on charges of defamation against the chief minister. A case was registered in the West Agartala police station for a fake social media campaign of a divorce suit filed against Tripura chief minister Biplab Kumar Deb by his wife Niti Deb.
Three more persons including one scribe were arrested for sharing posts and comments over the CM earlier.
- Shenzhou-12 astronauts back on Earth after China’s longest space mission
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 17
- Need to increase mineral exploration in eastern states, says Centre
- Meghalaya Lottery September 17: Check Future Drought Morning lottery result
- COVID-19 recoveries outpace fresh cases in Arunachal
- PM Modi turns 71; dignitaries, politicians extend wishes