Aizawl: As part of the plastic-free Mizoram initiative, Siaha district’s Siaha Town Sanitation Task Force (STSTF) organised a massive cleanliness drive to rid plastic waste at the district headquarters of Siaha on Monday.
The STSTF held a meeting on October 4, where a detailed programme was chalked out to clean plastic waste at 13 selected gorges and side-drains at posh localities within Siaha town.
A total of 2,236 people showed up from various departments under the government of Mizoram, Mara Autonomous District Council (MADC), schools, colleges, NGOs and Village Councils within Siaha town to participate in the mass cleanliness drive.
A total of 482 garbage bags filled with 4,220 kg of plastic waste were picked up for proper disposal.
Besides cleaning the town, all the departments and educational institutions involved cleaned their respective complexes and quarters in line with the day’s mass cleaning programme.
Standard garbage bags and gloves were provided to the masses and safe disposal of collected plastic waste was assigned to the public health engineering department.
- Terrorism thrived under Cong rule due to appeasement politics: Assam CM
- US brand Salon Azure opens first outlet in Guwahati
- India most favoured destination globally for investments: Vice President Dhankhar
- Meghalaya to set up border posts at sensitive areas: CM Conrad
- Two Indian students drown in US lake
- Nagaland Lottery November 28: Check Dear Sun Monday lottery result