Kokrajhar: At a time when the state education department has been emphasising on quality education, the head teacher of a primary school in Assam’s Baksa district has been allegedly thrashing students in the school to get a “healthy and disciplined” environment in the institution.
The accused, Someswar Daimary, works as the head teacher of Uttar Subankata LP School, which falls under the Mushalpur block elementary education office of Baksa district. On Monday, he allegedly beat up five students during school hours, injuring them severely.
As per reports, Daimary regularly beat up students which has worried parents and guardians.
According to guardians, Daimary has been creating chaos among the students for the past few days. Apart from coming late to school, the teacher has been often found to be in a drunken state, they alleged. He used to unnecessarily beat up students in the process, they added.
Several students have had to undergo medical treatment due to the physical assault.
“The atrocities on students must be stopped immediately and the head teacher must be brought to task by the education department to offer a healthy educational environment in the school,” said the guardian of a student.
The physical assault on students inside school is an inhuman act. The perpetrator must be punished immediately, another parent added.
Incidentally, a few days ago, a meeting was held in the school over the teacher’s “atrocities”, in which he had an “agreement” that he would not beat up any student.
- Mizoram: Schemes implementation not up to mark, says Union Minister
- Assam CM slams Ajmal’s recent controversial comment on women
- MoU signed for promoting ‘Tripureswari’ tea brand of Tripura
- Why Ruptu Gogoi believes CWG is like Mt Everest for Lawn Bowls
- World’s first ‘parastronaut’. Will anyone be able to go to space one day?
- India’s presidency of G-20 a matter of pride for all citizens: PM Modi