Guwahati: Three persons got trapped at Kulti in West Bengal’s Paschim Bardhaman district while extracting coal allegedly from an illegal mine on Sunday.
According to reports, when the incident took place, four persons were extracting coal from the mine. While one managed to escape, the other three got trapped.
Eastern Coalfields Limited (ECL) rescue team tried to enter the mine from Paschim Bardhaman district to rescue the team, however, their attempts failed twice due to poisonous gases at the mouth of the pit.
This is a developing story, more details are awaited.
- Shah Rukh Khan meets son Aryan Khan in Mumbai jail
- Insurance scheme for health workers fighting COVID-19 extended
- India sees over 18K new COVID-19 cases, 160 deaths
- Humbling experience: Salma Hayek on playing superhero in her 50s
- Right to seek default’ bail indefeasible part of right to personal liberty: HC
- CoWIN can be customised, scaled up for health interventions: MEA official