Guwahati: Launching a joint search operation, a team of Assam Police and troops of Indian Army apprehended a hardcore United Liberation Front of Assam (Independent) militant from upper Assam on Friday.
The latest apprehension was made close on the heels of the successful apprehension of another ULFA(I) militant recently in the region.
As per sources, after receiving specific inputs, the joint team of security forces launched a series of search operations in the districts of upper Assam and successfully nabbed the two hardcore ULFA(I) rebels.
The arrested ULFA (I) militant, identified as self-styled sergeant Rituraj Asom, was nabbed by the joint team of security forces from an area near Kathalguri reserve forest in Jorhat district of Assam.
Security forces recovered huge cache of arms and ammunition from the arrested ULFA (I) rebel including one AK 81 series rifle, 60 live bullets and two magazines.
Meanwhile, the arrested militant along with all the recoveries have been handed over to the police and cops are carrying out investigation with the leads received from initial interrogations.
- SW monsoon withdraws from India, 7th-most delayed retreat since ’75
- IIT-Guwahati working on generating hydrogen from water using sunlight
- Incredible to have Bollywood, dance sequence in Marvel movie: Filmmaker Chloe Zhao
- Two NE women, auto driver injured resisting snatching bid in Delhi
- No shortage of power in country, says power minister R K Singh
- Past and present India cricketers back Shami after pacer faces online abuse