Imphal: In yet another drive against drugs and other illegal businesses in Manipur, troops of Assam Rifles in two separate operations recovered huge contraband items worth Rs 90 lakh and 5 kg gold worth Rs 1.9 crore in the international market from Tengnoupal district recently, an official release said.
An Assam Rifles search team under IGAR (South) carried out a screening and checking at a check post near Khudengthabi in Tengnoupal district and stopped a suspicious individual traveling on a Kenbo motorcycle. A thorough check of the motorbike led to the recovery of 150 packets containing 30,000 World is Yours (WIY) tablets worth Rs 90 lakh, an official release said.
The arrested individual in connection with the seizure of the drugs along with the recovered items have been handed over to police for further investigation.
In another operation, the troops of Assam Rifles managed to recover gold in a jungle near the village of New Champhai near Moreh town. However, the individual who was in possession had managed to flee before arresting him taking advantage of the darkness and thick foliage, it said.
Earlier, Assam Rifles personnel seized contraband drugs, including 700 grams of brown sugar and 300 WIY tablets worth Rs 1.41 crore in the international market near Aishi village in Ukhrul district.
- Tripura govt issues guidelines for Durga Puja celebrations
- HC refuses bail to Yes Bank founder Rana Kapoor’s wife, daughters in corruption case
- Watch: Assam faces drought, but state farmers receive no support
- Meghalaya netizens beware! Cops issue KBC Lottery fraud alert
- Navjot Sidhu resigns as Punjab Congress chief, triggers crisis in party
- How remote Dimapur airstrip gave wings to fledgling Bangladesh Air Force