Moreh: An improvised explosive device (IED) exploded at the Kuki Students’ Organisation (KSO) office compound at Ngamkhai Veng in Moreh of Manipur’s Tengnoupal district on Friday evening. However, no casualties were reported, according to sources.
This was the third explosion in less than a week. The first explosion reportedly took place near Moreh police station on October 5, followed by another on Monday, as per reports.
According to sources, the blast, which occurred around 7.55 pm, shattered a portion of the fencing wall of the KSO’s Moreh office. Some splinters were found as far as the main road near the Chengjapao statue.
Locals residing as far as Moreh bazar felt the tremor caused due to the explosion. Later, sensing foul play and angered over frequent explosions, and that too within a high-security zone, irate locals marched towards the Assam Rifles (AR) outpost in protest against the incident.
The blast site, according to reports, was near the Hill Tribal Council (HTC) and just a stone’s throw away from the AR outpost.
Denouncing the incident, which occurred just under the nose of security forces, civil society bodies have imposed an indefinite bandh in Moreh town. However, no official statement has made in regards to the bandh, as per reports.
The explosion took place ahead of a musical concert in aid of an Anglo-Kuki War Documentary Film Project that is scheduled to be organised at the KSO office compound under the aegis of HTC and AKWFPC on Saturday.
- India logs 389 new COVID-19 cases, active cases down to 5,395
- Alliance Air resumes Silchar- Imphal flight service after a decade
- A judge must speak through his judgment: Rijiju on EC case in SC
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for November 26
- Legendary hero Lachit Barphukan has got his due: Historian Vikram Sampath
- Mumbai terror attacks: Nation remembers with gratitude all those we lost, says Prez Murmu