Guwahati: A 200-gm packet of branded Assam tea is sold in India for Rs 68. Of this, less than Rs 5 is left for workers (using plucking costs as a proxy indicator) while tea brands and supermarkets retain around Rs 40.
This was revealed in a research conducted by Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) and Oxfam India recently. The research report,......
- Should people who are forced to cross borders due to climate change be recognised as refugees?
- Megaherbivores could be a potential solution to manage invasive plants, finds study
- An expert explains the recipe for making the perfect romcom
- Mizoram records 534.42 crores loss over two years due to African Swine Fever
- Arunachal: Tawang Marathon draws massive participation from across India, UK
- Mizoram Chief Minister accuses ZPM of contradictory actions regarding Chakma votes