Agartala: A day after removing Luizinho Falerio as in-charge of state unit of the Congress party, the All India Congress Committee (AICC) reinstated him in Tripura on Tuesday.
The AICC had appointed Congress MP Gaurav Gogoi as the in-charge of Tripura and Manipur on Monday removing Luizinho Falerio. However, in a complete reversal, the AICC through a fresh notification overnight reinstated Falerio as in-charge of Tripura Pradesh Congress Committee (TPCC).
The notification, released on October 8, said, “Congress president had appointed Gourav Gogoi, MP, as in-charge of Tripura and Manipur along with his current responsibilities as in-charge of West Bengal and Andaman& Nicobar Islands. Luizinho Faleiro will continue as general secretary in-charge of other NE states.”
The ex-PCC chief Pradyot Kishore DebBarman had alleged that Faleiro was responsible for his decision to quit the party.
Also Read: In 500 yrs, Puja celebrated sans sacrifice at Tripura’s Durga Bari
DebBarman had resigned amid pressure from the AICC general secretary and Tripura in-charge Faleiro over his NRC petition and refusal to withdraw the petition from the Supreme Court.
“I told this before about a systematic problem in the party. Anyway, I am glad not to be in this mess anymore. I can breathe again as a free man. This proves what I have been saying for a long time, the desire to trust the young generation and fight on the ground is long gone,” DebBarman tweeted.
- India records 3,824 Covid cases, biggest single-day rise in 6 months
- Large parts of India to see above-normal temperatures, heatwave days from Apr-Jun: IMD
- Manipur: Another shelter home for Myanmar refugees in Churachandpur
- Education might not save you from cognitive decline: study
- Mizoram celebrates Palm Sunday
- Bhutanese King to visit India from April 3-5