Imphal: Imphal, the capital city of Manipur, came alive on Friday evening with renowned international artiste DJ Soda, a South Korean musician, opening her maiden show in the Northeast Indian state. It was also the first for DJ Soda to officially perform in India.
Thousands of music enthusiasts from the state packed the Patsoi HVS Ground in Imphal West and witnessed the first edition of the Ultra EDM Imphal, which was organised by the state ministry of forest and environment and Let’s Do It! India under the ‘Green Manipur Mission’.
One could literally feel the heartbeats of her fans as the social media rising star DJ Soda made her spectacular entry dressed in traditional Manipuri attire and greeting them with ‘Annyeong Haseyo’ — meaning ‘Hello’ in Korean language.
Northeast is known as the heart of Korean wave in India and Manipur is no less when it comes to the sensational pop culture of the nation.
DJ Soda, whose real name is Hwang So-hee, rose to fame from South Korean music scene after she took up the male-dominated DJ-ing profession as a full-timer in 2014. Since then, this globally- renowned musician has been on a roll.
- Two pilots killed after Army helicopter crash lands in J&K’s Udhampur
- Shillong Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 21
- COVID-19 vaccines effective for cancer patients? Here’s what a study says
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 21
- No interim relief to Abhishek Banerjee, his wife in money laundering case
- CIA officer reports Havana syndrome symptoms during India trip: Report