Diphu: Launching a search operation, security forces apprehended one Dimasa National Liberation Army (DNLA) militant from Diphu area of Assam’s Karbi Anglong district on Friday.
The DNLA militant, identified as 30-year-old Surajit Das, was arrested from a place near Diphu Post office at around 1.30 am on Friday.
Meanwhile, arms and ammunition, including one pistol, four rounds of live ammunition, a magazine, one mobile handset and an auto-rickshaw (bearing registration number AS-09-AC-8034) have been recovered from the possession of the arrested DNLA cadre.
Meanwhile, in another search operation, a joint team of security forces apprehended two United Peoples Liberation Army (UPLA) linkmen from Uttar Borbil under Howraghat police station of Karbi Anglong district.
The two apprehended UPLA linkmen are identified as 32-year-old Semson Taro, a native of Mai Gaon under Borpathar police station; and 24-year old Mojari Rongphar, a resident of Therebasa locality under Howraghat police station of the district.
However, no arms and ammunition have been recovered from the apprehended UPLA cadres.
- Naga Students’ Federation condemn Athuan Abonmai’s murder
- Nagaland gets first child-friendly court at Wokha
- What’s all the hype around Garena Free Fire Max about?
- Yemeni officials: Clashes over key city kill 130 fighters
- Top Assam Maoist Tingraj Orang surrenders
- Centre extends nationwide COVID-19 containment measures till Oct 31