Diphu: Launching a search operation, security forces apprehended one Dimasa National Liberation Army (DNLA) militant from Diphu area of Assam’s Karbi Anglong district on Friday.
The DNLA militant, identified as 30-year-old Surajit Das, was arrested from a place near Diphu Post office at around 1.30 am on Friday.
Meanwhile, arms and ammunition, including one pistol, four rounds of live ammunition, a magazine, one mobile handset and an auto-rickshaw (bearing registration number AS-09-AC-8034) have been recovered from the possession of the arrested DNLA cadre.
Meanwhile, in another search operation, a joint team of security forces apprehended two United Peoples Liberation Army (UPLA) linkmen from Uttar Borbil under Howraghat police station of Karbi Anglong district.
The two apprehended UPLA linkmen are identified as 32-year-old Semson Taro, a native of Mai Gaon under Borpathar police station; and 24-year old Mojari Rongphar, a resident of Therebasa locality under Howraghat police station of the district.
However, no arms and ammunition have been recovered from the apprehended UPLA cadres.
- India GDP grows at 6.3 pc in Jul-Sept quarter
- Exporters say key buyer Iran not lifting Indian tea
- The era of megalopolis: how the world’s cities are merging
- More boys with cancer being diagnosed than girls in India: Lancet study
- BJP got Rs 614.53 cr as contributions in 2021-22, Congress Rs 95.46 cr
- Six common COVID myths, busted