Diphu: A 60-year-old man allegedly stabbed his daughter-in-law to death in Diphu at Assam’s Karbi Anglong district on Friday.
The incident took place at Bagmari Gang quarter in Diphu town of the hill district at round 3 pm on Friday.
According to police sources, the man, identified as Manuranjan Malakar, allegedly stabbed his 22-year old daughter-in-law, Ritamoni Malakar, multiple times with a sharp weapon (dagger) after a harsh exchange of words among the family members over a household issue.
It is also informed that Manuranjan, who suddenly got angry on his daughter-in-law, ended up reacting violently and allegedly killed her on the spot. Manuranjan is absconding till the filing of this report.
Meanwhile, Diphu police has announced a cash reward of Rs 5,000 to whoever help police in spotting Manuranjan Malakar.
- BTS at UNGA: ARMY call them inspiration for future generations
- BJP worker trampled to death by elephants in Assam
- Heroin worth Rs 3.5 crore seized in Assam’s Karbi Anglong
- Assam Jobs: DEE Assam announces 9354 teacher vacancies, see details
- Sikkim’s Bkey Agarwal finishes second in Nepal’s Comedy Champion
- Watch: BTS live at the United Nations General Assembly