Diphu: A 60-year-old man allegedly stabbed his daughter-in-law to death in Diphu at Assam’s Karbi Anglong district on Friday.
The incident took place at Bagmari Gang quarter in Diphu town of the hill district at round 3 pm on Friday.
According to police sources, the man, identified as Manuranjan Malakar, allegedly stabbed his 22-year old daughter-in-law, Ritamoni Malakar, multiple times with a sharp weapon (dagger) after a harsh exchange of words among the family members over a household issue.
It is also informed that Manuranjan, who suddenly got angry on his daughter-in-law, ended up reacting violently and allegedly killed her on the spot. Manuranjan is absconding till the filing of this report.
Meanwhile, Diphu police has announced a cash reward of Rs 5,000 to whoever help police in spotting Manuranjan Malakar.
- MSSSB: Mizoram student’s body protests over ‘jobs to Non-Mizos’
- Northeast industrial body hails Budget 2023 as ‘growth-oriented’
- Assam: G-20 delegates visit Kaziranga ahead of first series of events
- SDF demands CM’s resignation, blames Sikkim govt for ‘immigrant row’
- Meghalaya 2023: AICC takes on CM over ‘no development’ remark
- Now, Sikkim CM blames Chamling for taking old settlers’ issue to SC