Guwahati: At least four people lost their lives and two others were severely injured in a road mishap that took place on National Highway 38 in Tingrai locality of Digboi in upper Assam’s Tinsukia district on Friday.
As per sources, the road mishap took place after an speeding bike collided head-on with another motorcycle after losing control over it. It has also been informed that three of the deceased were riding triple on one bike, allegedly violating the traffic rules.
Reportedly, three of the victims died on the spot while the fourth breathed his last on his way to the Digboi civil hospital. Three of the deceased persons have been identified as Harry Munda, Putola Nayak and Rohit Karmakar, all residents of Bogapani locality in Digboi.
Meanwhile, the other two persons, identified as Bokrai Munda and Panting, received severe injuries and were immediately referred to Assam Medical College and Hospital in Dibrugarh.
- Assam Govt to re-examine all TET teachers’ credentials
- This Squid Game themed café in UAE is driving fans nuts!
- Encounter between NSCN Unification and Niki Sumi groups; 1 dead
- Assam: Rounak Ali Hazarika to be grilled in disproportionate asset case
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 18
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 18