Agartala: Massive security arrangements have been made for successful and peaceful celebration of Durga Puja in West Tripura and Gomati districts of the state.
Addressing a press conference, West Tripura Superintendent of Police (SP) Ajit Pratap Singh said that out of 552 puja pandals in the district, 404 are in urban localities and 148 in rural areas. The police and general administrative officers are monitoring the law-and-order situation across the district.
Rajib Nag, additional SP of Gomati district, said, “A total of three subdivisions are here in the district and a total of 250 Durga Puja committees are organising the festival this year.
The number of puja pandals has increased in both the districts this year in comparison to the previous year.
According to requirement, a total of 2,000 security personnel are to be deployed in West Tripura and over 1,500 for Gomati district.
Three layers of security will be in place in and around West Tripura district during Durga Puja. The police are also installing CCTV cameras at puja pandals to keep vigil on the festivities. A route chart is being prepared for Puja. The entry, exit, and parking of vehicles will be regulated as per the plan,” SP (traffic) Pinaki Samanta said.
In addition, a sufficient number of volunteers will be deployed in the different places of Durga Puja pandals by the puja organisers to conduct smooth passage of visitors. The organisers are being directed by the district administration of Gomati district in order to maintain peace and order.
A total of 40 police booths and 20 watch towers would be installed in the city.
- Arunachal: 11 teachers from Diyun Circle honoured for excellent work
- War veteran doctor, snake catchers, ‘Rasna’ creator among Padma awardees
- Tripura tribal leader who played important role in tackling insurgency on Padma list
- In a first, Assam minister unfurls Tricolour along India-Bangla border
- ‘The Whale’ is a horror film that taps into our fear of fatness
- SDF seeks President’s rule in Sikkim