Kokrajhar: Soon after hoisting the 33rd foundation day flag of the pro-talk faction of the National Democratic Front of Boroland (NDFB), the outfit’s general secretary, S Sanjarang, on Thursday claimed that their peace talks with the Centre are heading in the right direction.
The insurgent group celebrated its foundation day at its designated camps in Kokrajhar and Udalguri districts of Assam on Thursday.
Sanjarang hoisted the organisational flag at Kumguri designated camp in Kokrajhar district while outfit president Gavinda Basumatary hoisted the flag at Udalguri designated camp.
Speaking with EastMojo, Sanjarang expressed that the insurgent outfit is fully optimistic over Boroland statehood issue and the BJP-led NDA government is initiating good steps to solve their problems.
“The NDFB-P has been urging the BJP led NDA government to solve the Boroland statehood demand issues through political dialogue for paving way for healthy integration in the state,” Sanjarang added.
Sanjarang also said that the NDFB-P has come into a ceasefire with the government in 2005 and since then participating the peace talks with Centre and peace interlocutor on the issues of NDFB and Boroland statehood demand. He said that peace talks with the government are going in the right direction and the outfit is positive on the Boroland statehood demand.
Adding to it, he also informed that over 40 rounds of peace talks were held on the statehood issue.
- Amarinder Singh resigns as Punjab CM; says ‘feel humiliated’
- Book explores historical and spiritual landscape of communities in Northeast
- Watch: Can Bar Tshangay Falls become Sikkim’s next tourism destination?
- Naga peace talks set to resume as interlocutor, Assam CM step in
- Mizoram: Chakma villages threaten strike over disbursal of grant money
- Arunachal Pradesh gets four more oxygen plants