Kokrajhar: The police apprehended two persons with 58.9 gram heroin from Assam’s Kokrajhar town late on Tuesday evening while carrying out a search operation.
According to the police, while working on a tip-off, a police team led by DSP (headquarters) Kokrajhar conducted a search operation at a house along the Ganga Hall Road in Kokrajhar town on Tuesday evening and seized 58.9 grams of heroin, which was kept concealed, for selling in the area.
The accused from whom the heroin was recovered were identified as Rinok Narzary (25) of Muthambil Soraibil of Gossaigaon and Mondip Narzary (24) of Habrubari.
Apart from heroin, the police recovered 45 small-size plastic containers, eight medium-size plastic containers, aluminium foils, three mobile handsets with SIM cards and eight lighters from the two accused.
“The police have been initiating strong check against drug smuggling in the area and search checking would be continued in days to come,” said a police officer.
- 108 South Koreans on pilgrimage of Buddhist sites in India, Nepal
- Soon, train passengers can order food via WhatsApp
- Italy-based Indian man held for impersonating Vice President
- 3 killed in collision between ambulance, truck in Siliguri
- CBI nabs 2 NF Railway engineers in bribery case
- Meghalaya 2023: 11 candidates from 3 EGH constituencies file nominations