Guwahati: The transport department of Assam government notified the Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Act 2019, imposing hefty penalties for violating traffic norms, on Monday.
According to a government release, as per the order of the transport department of Assam government, huge fines at revised rates will be imposed for violating norms.
As per the order, if a person is found driving a vehicle without a licence, he/she will be fined Rs 5,000. For racing and trials of speed, a person will penalised with a fine of Rs 5,000.
Those who are found violating norms for air and noise pollution, will be imposed a hefty fine of Rs 10,000.
Divers or passengers without seat belts will be fined Rs 1,000. “Carrying children below 14 years without safety belt/child restraint system” will attract a fine of Rs 1,000.
Some of the other offences to be fined are riding with more than two persons on a two-wheeler with Rs 1,000 and riding without helmets by both driver and pillion will be fined an amount of Rs 1,000.
If a driver fails to provide way for emergency vehicles (fire service or ambulance), then he/she will be fined an amount of Rs 10,000.
Check the following list for details:
- Naga Students’ Federation condemn Athuan Abonmai’s murder
- Nagaland gets first child-friendly court at Wokha
- What’s all the hype around Garena Free Fire Max about?
- Yemeni officials: Clashes over key city kill 130 fighters
- Top Assam Maoist Tingraj Orang surrenders
- Centre extends nationwide COVID-19 containment measures till Oct 31