Aizawl: Condemning Mizoram minister for district councils and minority affairs (DC&MA) R Lalzirliana’s allegations on large-scale irregularities in Chakma Autonomous District Council (CADC) during BJP-Congress rule, state unit of the BJP blamed the state government of its direct involvement in defending corrupt practices committed by the Mizo National Front (MNF).
In a press release, BJP secretary Rupayan Chakma said, “The one-man inquiry commission, constituted and headed by Lawngtlai deputy commissioner Shashanka Ala, on July 25 this year, said that even a single corruption was not committed during the previous BJP-led executive committee and the commission has been mandated to only look into the allegations made against the current executive committee of CADC. Making allegations on the previous BJP-led executive committee of CADC in the on-going commission report does not arise.”
The release also criticised the executive committee, CADC of committing several maladministration and financial mismanagement in different activities. Chakma also condemned the state government of trying to tarnish the image of the previous BJP-led executive committee of CADC.
The senior BJP leader also questioned that if no corruption is found in present executive committee of CADC by the inquiry commission, then why did the DC&MA minister is so hesitant to forward the inquiry report to state governor for early disposal of the matter.
- IMA president: Lawsuit over Ayurveda remarks ‘design to harass doctors’
- Rotary International President pays goodwill visit to PM Modi
- Delta variant challenges China’s costly lockdown strategy
- Global COVID-19 cases could exceed 200 million by next week: WHO
- Drug trafficker shot at in another police encounter in Assam
- Arunachal Pradesh reports 319 new COVID-19 cases, 2 more deaths