Guwahati: Organisers of the 7th Brahmaputra Valley Film Festival (BVFF) on Tuesday announced its roster of films, short films and members of the film fraternity who will be present during the four-day event to be held in Guwahati, Assam from September 26 to 29.
The cinematic extravaganza will be held at Pragjyotish ITA Centre, Machkhowa.
The festival will screen several films from across the Northeast along with a few others sourced from the rest of India. Along with screening of movies, the festival will also feature interactive sessions, ‘Film Quiz-Cinemascope’, panel discussions and the highly anticipated ‘Short Film Contest’.
Commenting on the common element in the short films which were selected for the festival, Pallavi Barua, producer, lawyer and member of the organising team of BVFF, said: “They (cinematographers) have taken up stories from day-to-day life. The stories that are a part of one’s daily life are being showcased in many of the short films shortlisted this year.”
Nahid Ahmed, Meena Longjam, Wanphrang Diengoh, Reema Kagti, Adil Hussain and Ronnie Lahiri will be the jury members for the ‘Short Film Contest’ during the 7th edition of the festival this year. Nicholas Kharkongar, director of the much-anticipated movie Axone, will also be a part of ‘Director’s Take’ during the second day of the festival.
Movies like Nana: A Tale of Us, Widow of Silence, T for Tajmahal, Strawberry Point and Shantilal O Projapoti Rahosyo, among others, and documentaries like Tirap: Caught between Apathy and Fear and Meghalaya’s Melodic Villages will also be screened during the four-day-festival in Guwahati.
- Cong, CPI(M) don’t believe in Ram, Krishna: Yogi at Tripura poll rally
- Actor Rakhi Sawant accuses husband Adil Durrani of assault, theft
- Propose Day 2023: Messages and wishes to send your loved ones
- Meghalaya 2023: Cong not a ‘sinking ship’, says party’s Mylliem candidate
- PM Modi effected transformation in Tripura, northeast: BJP
- Jetlag hits differently depending on your travel direction. Here are 6 tips