Guwahati: Assam gynaecologist and a women entrepreneur from the state has just clinched four gold medals at an international powerlifting event.
Dr Anindita Priyadarshini Das, hailing from Duliajan in upper Assam’s Dibrugarh district, bagged the gold medals at the Commonwealth Powerlifting Championships held in Canada recently.
As per sources, 52-year-old Das, a mother of two daughters, has been pursuing her powerlifting career for the past two years. As per reports, Das initially showed an interest for normal workout at a gym, however she diverted her interest to powerlifting as she started to gain confidence.
The 8th Women and Men Open Masters Commonwealth Powerlifting Chapionship is being held at Newfoundland in Canada from September 15 to 21 this year.
- Is brushing your teeth for two minutes enough? Here’s what the evidence says
- Khel Ratna: Neeraj Chopra, Ravi Dahiya, Lovlina Borgohain among 11 recommended
- 4 key issues to watch as world leaders prepare for Glasgow climate summit
- NATO’s Afghan mission hit by ‘mission creep’?
- 7 Bengal institutes in Centre’s knowledge exchange programme
- COVID-19 virus test results may vary based on time of day: Study