Agartala: Amid speculation of his resignation, Pradyot Kishore Manikya DebBarman, the president of the state unit of the Congress party, has reportedly left for New Delhi to meet the senior leaders of the All Indian Congress Committee (AICC) on Tuesday.
According to sources in the Congress, DebBarman was allegedly “humiliated” by some of the senior members of the party over his stand on the National Register of Citizens (NRC).
It seems the writing was already on the wall. Earlier on Tuesday, DebBarman took to Tweeter to write, “I have remained the same Pradyot and I have tried to stop dishonest and criminals from running the party, stopped collection in the name of chanda. Sadly in this fight many times I felt that except for the Mahila and Young members most senior leaders felt otherwise.”
- COVID-19 recoveries outpace fresh cases in Arunachal
- PM Modi turns 71; dignitaries, politicians extend wishes
- India records 34,403 COVID-19 cases, 320 deaths
- Dalai Lama greets PM Modi on his birthday
- India hands over newly-constructed school building to Nepal
- Assam reports 468 new COVID-19 cases, four more deaths