Agartala: In its move to attract tourists to state, Tripura chief minister Biplab Kumar Deb inaugurated two ‘selfie points’ with signages that read ‘I love Tripura’ and ‘I love Agartala’ in front of Ujjayanta Palace and Heritage Park in Agartala.
As a part of the Engineer’s Day to mark the birth anniversary of Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya, a scholar, statesman, educationist and the most celebrated engineer in India, the signage was set up by the State Engineers Association (SEA), Tripura on Sunday.
Addressing a gathering on this occasion, CM Deb said that he is not concerned about if he is voted again or not, but his focus is on how to remove poverty from the state in five years of time.
“Engineers are the representatives of Lord Viswakarma, engineers build the future and they can help transform the state into a model state,” Deb said.
The two signages are 20-ft-long and 2-ft-high.
Inaugurating the ‘selfie points’, Deb also took a selfie in front of the signage installed at Ujjayanta Palace and posted on his Twitter handle.
“Just inaugurated the iconic city name signage at Agartala. You too visit Ujjayanta Palace and Heritage Park and post your selfies. I love Agartala and I love Tripura,” Deb tweeted.
- Sikkim: Ruling SKM protests SC’s ‘Nepali immigrant’ verdict
- Tripura polls: BJP’s key poll plank will be development, says Assam CM
- Khelo India Youth Games to commence in Madhya Pradesh
- Go Green: Nagaland bride shuns flower waste for organic veggies
- Gandhi’s image is under scrutiny 75 years after his assassination
- Security beefed up in poll-bound Tripura on last day of filing nomination