Kohima: Nagaland has been accorded with the ‘Most Promising New Destination Award 2019’ at the Travel &Tourism Fair (TTF) held at Nehru Centre in Worli, Mumbai recently.
The Northeastern state participated as the ‘feature state’ at TTF, India’s biggest travel network show, held from September 13 to 15. Deputy director KM Rio and tourist officer Diana Achumi received the award on behalf of the state tourism department.
Of 21 states and Union territories and nine countries that participated at the show, there were 135 exhibitors. The show had participation from countries such as Germany, Greece, Kenya, Maldives, Nepal, South Africa, Thailand and UAE.
Taking to Twitter, Nagaland chief minister Neiphiu Rio tweeted, “#Nagaland received “Most Promising New Destination Award 2019″ at the @TTFIndia; India’s biggest travel show network. Heartiest congratulations to @tournagaland17. We will continue to focus on our strengths and unique qualities, in our tourism approach.”
Deputy Nagaland chief minister Yanthungo Patton also tweeted saying: “A proud moment for all of us as Nagaland receives the ‘Most Promising New Destination’ award at Travel & Tourism Fair in Mumbai (@TTFIndia). Congratulations to @tournagaland17 and everyone involved. @prahuPHFvrVrj6.”
- Kerala landslide toll touches 18 as rescuers dig deeper
- Father’s responsibilities wouldn’t end at son attaining 18 years age: Delhi HC
- Weight loss & fad diets: Know the pros and cons before taking drastic steps
- Five natural homemade face packs for every skin type
- Plan to develop tourist circuit of places travelled by Srimanta Sankardev: Assam CM
- Assam reports 269 new COVID-19 cases