Kokrajhar: Two rebels belonging the Adivasi Cobra Militant of Assam (ACMA) were nabbed by security forces at Lungsung area of Assam’s Kokrajhar district early on Saturday morning.
As per sources, a joint team of Assam Police and CoBRA commandos of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) after receiving specific inputs conducted a search operation since Friday evening at Lungsung area under Bishmuri police outpost in Kokrajhar and successfully nabbed the two hardcore ACMA rebels.
The arrested ACMA militants were identified as Fudan Murmu and Bajan Murmu, both natives of Lungsung locality of Kokrajhar district in lower Assam.
Arms and ammunition were also recovered from the arrested cadres, including two AK riffles, a gun and 642 live bullets.
Police sources say that search operations have been intensified against the banned militant outfit that has been operating in the Lungsung area of Kokrajhar district.
- Tripura: Congress, BJP at loggerheads over ex-CM Deb’s ‘VIP treatment’
- NRC head files complaint against predecessor for data anomalies
- India sees single-day rise of 2,323 COVID-19 cases
- Two govt employees in Assam caught taking bribe, arrested
- Meghalaya attracted investment projects worth Rs 56 cr in FY21: study
- How cryptocurrency price collapse offers hope for slowing climate change