Kokrajhar: Two rebels belonging the Adivasi Cobra Militant of Assam (ACMA) were nabbed by security forces at Lungsung area of Assam’s Kokrajhar district early on Saturday morning.
As per sources, a joint team of Assam Police and CoBRA commandos of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) after receiving specific inputs conducted a search operation since Friday evening at Lungsung area under Bishmuri police outpost in Kokrajhar and successfully nabbed the two hardcore ACMA rebels.
The arrested ACMA militants were identified as Fudan Murmu and Bajan Murmu, both natives of Lungsung locality of Kokrajhar district in lower Assam.
Arms and ammunition were also recovered from the arrested cadres, including two AK riffles, a gun and 642 live bullets.
Police sources say that search operations have been intensified against the banned militant outfit that has been operating in the Lungsung area of Kokrajhar district.
- Nepal PM Prachanda wins vote of confidence
- India indispensable for peace and stability in Indo-Pacific: Japanese PM
- Yearn to face camera again: 94-yr-old award winning Assamese actress
- Tripura BJP launches special drive to ‘cleanse party of traitors’
- Heavy rains to pelt Assam, Meghalaya over next two days
- Assam to discuss security for 4 Amritpal Singh associates lodged in Dibrugarh jail