Guwahati: The annual college festival of North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences (NEIGRIHMS) is back. Called ‘Euphoria 2019: Ethos of Exuberance’, the week-long extravaganza will start from September 16 to 21 at the institute’s premises in Shillong, Meghalaya.
From academic events brimming with knowledge to an array of dancing and singing contests; artworks and poetry; to batting sixes and donning medals in sporting activities, Euphoria has them all. The annual fest is not limited to only students or the faculty members of the institute, it welcomes students from the whole of Shillong and other parts of Northeast to participate in the cultural and literary events.
Like every year, Euphoria started in June with the intra-college sports hyping the cultural and literary events to follow. With literary events like debates, meme-making and treasure hunts, Euphoria promises a fun-filled week to all. The cultural events would focus on competitions of Indian classical singing, freestyle dancing, couture designing, ‘Battle of Bands’, and Mr and Miss Euphoria, to name a few.
Ace quiz master Vinay Upadhyay, Mrs India Universe 2017 Sabina Parvez Warjiri, fashion designer Arif Mukhim and Khasi folk artiste Lampang Siyemlieh, among others would be a part of the judges’ panel this year.
- Happy birthday, Google! ‘What would we do without you?’ ask netizens
- Covid pandemic led to biggest fall in life expectancy since WWII: study
- IPL: Struggling Mumbai Indians face inconsistent Punjab Kings
- Modi launches Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 27
- NASA: 9 million images, 5 decades of research and the Landsat legacy