Guwahati: Out of the 20 teams from the eastern region of India that competed in the Guwahati finals of the PUBG Mobile India Tour 2019 held at the Maniram Dewa Trade Centre in the city recently, four teams qualified for the grand finale to be held in Kolkata in October.
The four squads — 8 Bit Rampage, TeamINS, Team GE and Team All-Stars — will now join the four teams from the Jaipur finals — Rising Hydra, Team Titans, Kill2Survive and Revenge Esports — to battle for a prize pool of Rs 1.5 crore in Kolkata.
As per the organisers, the tournament in Guwahati saw 400,000 games played by 50,000 registrations. After only 20 teams were left, the tournament saw them battle through all the four maps that the game has to offer with several nail-biting moments.
While 8 Bit Rampage won the Miramar round, Team All-Stars won in Vikendi, TeamINS made it on Sanhok and TeamGE beat the first round in Erangel.
8 Bit Rampage again won the first round on Erangel, which secured the squad with the No. 1 position in Guwahati Finals.
- Katrina Kaif-Vicky Kaushal set to marry? Here’s what Kat will wear
- Northeast Church leaders extend solidarity to Karnataka Christians
- Assam by-polls: Thowra heading for a BJP win, Raijor Dal might finish second
- Covid surge in West Bengal: 24 containment zones created
- Nagaland: Hope and apprehension as primary schools reopen slowly
- Nagaland women commission chief’s ‘Good Patriarchy’ jab sparks outrage