Chirang: A fugitive NDFB (S) rebel, Kamakhya Daimary alias Kswnasong, was apprehended in a joint oepration led by Chirang police and 5th Garhwal Regiment of the Indian Army at Khuti area under Runikata police station in Assam’s Chirang district on Sunday.
The joint operation was conducted following a tip-off that an armed NDFB (S) rebel was present in the area under Runikhata police station.
After a seven hours of operation, Daimary was seen crossing the Bhur river in the area. When he was asked to stop, he started to run. He was caught after a 15-minute chase. A 7.65 mm pistol along with four rounds of live ammunition were recovered from him.
The fugitive along with the recoveries was handed over to the police for further investigation.
Daimary had initially joined NDFB(RD) but defected to NDFB(S) in 2014 . He has been on the run from law-enforcement agencies, including NIA, due to his alleged involvement in the massacre of Adivasis in December 2014.
He was apprehended in August 2015 and was sent to Central Jail in Guwahati. In April 2018, while appearing for a hearing, he escaped from police custody and remained a fugitive ever since.
- This Squid Game themed café in UAE is driving fans nuts!
- Encounter between NSCN Unification and Niki Sumi groups; 1 dead
- Assam: Rounak Ali Hazarika to be grilled in disproportionate asset case
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 18
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 18
- Mizoram youth disfigures BTS banner, apologises after threat of legal action