Aizawl: Low-cost airline GoAir is likely to start its operations on the Aizawl-Guwahati sector from October 4 this year, an official said on Thursday.
According to the official, GoAir deputy manager (airports) Sumit Bhandari recently arrived in Aizawl to discuss the proposed air service with Mizoram officials.
Bhandari discussed with the state officials about the various requirements for functioning of the airline service and expressed hope that the airline will start operations on the Aizawl-Guwahati sector by next month.
Meanwhile, sources from GoAir informed that it will operate Airbus-A320 daily. As per schedules announced by GoAir for the new flight service, the departure time of the aircraft from Guwahati is fixed at 6.50 am and it will arrive at Lengpui airport at 7.50 am, while departure from Aizawl is fixed at 8:40 am and arrival at Guwahati airport at 9:50 am.
Mizoram has been facing air link problem after Jet Airways withdrew operations from the state in the month of February this year The state also lacks direct air link with Delhi, except for the one to Kolkata, which is being operated by Air India.
Apart from GoAir, two other airline services — IndiGo and Alliance Air — are also going to start their flight services in Mizoram soon, informed airport officials.
- Naga Students’ Federation condemn Athuan Abonmai’s murder
- Nagaland gets first child-friendly court at Wokha
- What’s all the hype around Garena Free Fire Max about?
- Yemeni officials: Clashes over key city kill 130 fighters
- Top Assam Maoist Tingraj Orang surrenders
- Centre extends nationwide COVID-19 containment measures till Oct 31