Kohima: As per reports, all-rounder Stuart Binny from Karnataka will represent Nagaland cricket team in the upcoming BCCI domestic season after he obtained a no-objection certificate from his state cricket association.
The 35-year-old was roped in by he team after several discussions, Sportstar magazine said.
Selector and Nagaland Cricket Association (NCA) vice-president P Bendang Jamir was quoted as saying that three players for the senior team namely Stuart Binny, Yogesh Takawale and Shrikant Mundhe from Maharaj were finalised.
Also Read: Swachh Bharat: Nagaland’s Temsutula Imsong wins big at Devi Awards
The BCCI allows plate group teams to employ three guest players or outstation players. Binny is expected to join Nagaland’s pre-season camp at Sovima Cricket Ground in Dimapur by September 10.
Along with well-groomed local players Imliwati Lemtur, Tahmeed Rahman and Sedezhalie Rupreo, the team is well balanced with wicket-keeper-batsman Takawale and medium-pacer Mundhe.
While the BCCI 2019-20 season began on August 17 with Duleep Trophy, Nagaland will begin its campaign with Vijay Hazare Trophy from September 24. Binny, who has played for India in six Test matches, 14 ODIs, and three T20s, is one of the most prominent players to join the NCA.
- Blackpink member Jisoo tests COVID-19 positive, to miss [BORN PINK] World Tour shows in Japan
- India committed to enhancing ties with Nepal: President Murmu
- Assam: Tezpur Univ to host conference on India’s rich heritage
- Naga club vandalism: NSF directs members to hoist black flags
- Northeast Startup Festival held in Singapore
- UPSC offers alternative centres to Manipur candidates to appear for test