Guwahati: Works are on for an alternative road to the Kamakhya Temple in Guwahati under the purview of the North Guwahati State Road Division. The Assam government initiated the construction of the new route keeping in mind the excessive crowd witnessed during Ambubachi Mela, an annual festival observed at the temple.
Construction of the road, connecting Pandu Temple Ghat to Bangshi Bagan, started in January last year. A budget of Rs 14 crore was reportedly sanctioned for the same.
PWD minister Himanta Biswa Sarma recently shared a tweet with some pictures of the road regarding the work in progress.
The minister tweeted, “Good morning. Nothing better to end this series. Glad to share this sight of the ongoing work on an alternative road to Maa Kamakhya Temple at #Guwahati under North Guwahati State Road Division. This was Much-needed. Thank you all very much.”
The temple witnesses a massive conglomeration of saints, sages, devotees and tourists during Ambubachi Mela held in July every year. It marks the annual menstrual cycle of the Goddess Sati, enshrined at Kamakhya temple.
- Ukrainian ecologists say nature will suffer no matter war’s result
- 5 names recommended by Collegium to be cleared soon: Centre to SC
- Quad agrees to leverage machine learning to enhance cyber security
- Chinese spy balloon spotted over US airspace
- Meghalaya 2023: Busiest day in Garo Hills on day 4 of nominations
- No proposal to use remote voting machine in “upcoming election” in country: Rijiju in LS