Kokrajhar: After the publication of the final list of exclusions and inclusions in the National Register of Citizens (NRC) on Saturday morning, the social welfare minister of Assam demanded deportation of those missing from the list.
“Illegal immigrants must be deported from the state of Assam, whose names were not included in the NRC final draft published today,” said minister Pramila Rani Brahma.
While hailing the final NRC publication, Brahma said that this is an implementation part of the historic Assam Accord. She said that people of Assam were waiting for free and fair publication of NRC, which has finally come with 19.06 lakh names being dropped from the document.
Also Read: Assam NRC: Pakistan PM Imran Khan hits out at Modi on Twitter
Brahma termed this is as the “will” of the state of Assam.
Meanwhile, Rajya Sabha MP Biswajeet Daimary also welcomed the publication of the final NRC on Saturday. Daimary said that the state of Assam has now got an opportunity to see an illegal immigrant-free state as the NRC authority published the list on Saturday.
Brahma said that the people whose names were dropped from the lists, they are illegal immigrants or foreigners because they couldn’t show their proper citizenship-related documents.
- China aims to replace US as global net security provider, says Army chief
- Meghalaya CM says load-shedding will continue, but things will improve soon
- Arunachal: East Kameng police solves ATM robbery case, arrests culprit
- BJP-TIPRA clash on TTAADC budget in Tripura Assembly
- Dimapur-Kohima railway line project work on in full swing: NFR
- Steel slag road technology a boon to BRO: Niti Aayog member