Guwahati: Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan has raised quite a few eyebrows with his posts on Twitter by condemning his Indian counterpart Narendra Modi over the National Register of Citizens (NRC) that was published in Assam on Saturday.
Assam is already on the edge as the final NRC list has been declared and over 19 lakh people are excluded from the list.
Raising this issue, PM Khan retweeted an Indian national media post saying, “Reports in Indian and international media on Modi Govt’s ethnic cleansing of Muslims should send alarm bells ringing across the world that the illegal annexation of Kashmir is part of a wider policy to target Muslims.”
Also Read: Assam DGP Kuladhar Saikia receives service extension of 3 months
Khan also retweeted The Times post from his Twitter handle regarding the NRC issue of Assam.
This seems to be a jibe at the Modi government for the ongoing NRC which is being tabled in Assam to filter out the alleged Bangladeshi illegal immigrants from Assam’s soil.
- NEDA convener Himanta Biswa Sarma to visit violence-hit Manipur
- Manipur: Assam Rifles organises peace meet in Jiribam and Tamenlong
- Meghalaya: Rape accused convicted in West Garo Hills, gets 20 years in jail
- Pact inked to train Nagaland school teachers on disaster management
- Three more people killed, 2 injured in fresh violence in Manipur
- Manipur’s Naga MLAs want status quo in Naga tribal areas