Guwahati: The railway police seized cannabis weighing nearly 30 kg from platform number three of Guwahati railway station in Assam on Friday.
As per sources, the huge quantity of cannabis was seized during a daily routing checking exercise conducted by Government Railway Police (GRP) personnel at the station.
GRP personnel arrested a person, identified as 19-year-old Md Rupan Miya from Khairabari village of Sonamora police station in West Tripura district, in this connection. The security personnel nabbed Miya from platform number 3 of the station while he was about to board a train.
The recovered cannabis has been seized as per provision of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Act.
A case has been registered in this connection and further investigations are on.
- Assam: 71st Volleyball Nationals to start on Thursday
- Govt expects dividend of Rs 48,000 cr from RBI, PSU banks in FY24
- India, US ready to break down limits in defence cooperation: Experts
- Budget 2023: MGNREGS, Rural Ministry witness cut in allocations
- Two years after the military coup, Myanmar mired in bloody civil war
- SC asks WhatsApp to publicise undertaking given to Centre in 2021