Guwahati: The railway police seized cannabis weighing nearly 30 kg from platform number three of Guwahati railway station in Assam on Friday.
As per sources, the huge quantity of cannabis was seized during a daily routing checking exercise conducted by Government Railway Police (GRP) personnel at the station.
GRP personnel arrested a person, identified as 19-year-old Md Rupan Miya from Khairabari village of Sonamora police station in West Tripura district, in this connection. The security personnel nabbed Miya from platform number 3 of the station while he was about to board a train.
The recovered cannabis has been seized as per provision of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Act.
A case has been registered in this connection and further investigations are on.
- AFI partners with IOS Sports to raise bar of Indian Athletics
- Is brushing your teeth for two minutes enough? Here’s what the evidence says
- Khel Ratna: Neeraj Chopra, Ravi Dahiya, Lovlina Borgohain among 11 recommended
- 4 key issues to watch as world leaders prepare for Glasgow climate summit
- NATO’s Afghan mission hit by ‘mission creep’?
- 7 Bengal institutes in Centre’s knowledge exchange programme