Guwahati: Applications are invited to apply for the world’s famous Chevening Scholarships 2020 in the UK from the government of UK. It is open for all the international students from all around the world to pursue Master’s degree and fellowship programmes.
The scholarships offer full financial support for one year to study for an eligible Master’s degree at any UK university covering nearly 12,000 courses from more than 150 universities. Chevening Fellowships run for 8 to 12 weeks and offer professional development and networking opportunities in specified thematic areas, including science and innovation, cyber security, journalism,and financial services.
British High Commissioner to India, Sir Dominic Asquith, said: “Chevening offers a unique and exciting opportunity to the most brilliant minds of India to come and study in the UK. I am proud to say that the India Chevening country programme is the largest in the world and has produced more than 3,000 scholars and fellows since 1983.”
“The programme shows our commitment to developing future leaders and strengthening the UK and India’s living bridge, sharing the best of what our two countries have to offer. I encourage any ambitious young leader and experienced professional to apply,” Asquith added.
Many Chevening scholars and fellows have gone on to make remarkable contributions towards the prosperity of India. Alumni include Piyush Goyal (Cabinet Minister), Amitabh Kant (NITI Aayog), Samir Saran (Observer Research Foundation), and Harish Bhat (Tata Sons).
- Applicants to Chevening Scholarships must have a minimum two years of work experience and a strong academic background. The deadline to apply is November 5, 2019.
- Applicants to Chevening Fellowships must have 7 to 10 years of work experience.
Fellowships on offer are:
• South Asian Journalism Fellowship
• Science and Innovation Leadership Fellowship
• Cyber Security Fellowship
• Financial Services Fellowships
• Gurukul fellowships for Leaderships and Excellence
The deadline to apply is October 9, 2019 (except for the Gurukul Fellowship, which will open in December 2019)
Globally, almost 1,800 Chevening scholarships were awarded in 2019-20. Today, there are over 50,000 Chevening alumni around the world, comprising an influential and highly regarded global network.
Join the conversation on social media with #Chevening. Further details, including how to apply, can be found at https://www.chevening.org/
- Webcasting arrangements in place for Assam by-election: EC official
- Manipur: Dengue outbreak, but no need for panic say health officials
- Katrina Kaif-Vicky Kaushal set to marry? Here’s what Kat will wear
- Northeast Church leaders extend solidarity to Karnataka Christians
- Assam by-polls: Thowra heading for a BJP win, Raijor Dal might finish second
- Covid surge in West Bengal: 24 containment zones created