Students were rushed to Mushalpur hospital in Assam’s Baksa district after they complained of uneasiness Credit: EastMojo image

Kokrajhar: At least 16 students were hospitalised after consuming deworming medicines at Digaldonga in lower Assam’s Baksa district on Thursday.

According to sources, students from BC Vidyapith ME School under Mushalpur education block in Baksa fell uneasy and their body started to get warm after consuming Albendazole, a deworming medicine.

The health and family welfare department had distributed the medicines to the students as part of National Deworming Day observed across the country. The medical staff from Mushalpur gave deworming medicines to students on Thursday, and within a few minutes, they said that they were not feeling well and started vomiting and complained of stomach pain. Some even fell unconscious in school.

Students were immediately rushed to the Mushalpur hospital.

Guardians of students rushed to the hospital and took stock about condition of their children. They alleged that on the day deworming medicines were given to the students; it recorded very high temperatures.

National Deworming Day is being celebrated by the health and family welfare department in all districts of the state. Also, there have been reports of health awareness camps being organised by civil society to create awareness on health and healthy living.

Trending Stories

Latest Stories

Leave a comment

Leave a comment Cancel reply