Shillong: A delegation from Meghalaya led by deputy inspector general (DIG) of police MK Dkhar, and parents of students are on a visit to Agartala in Tripura on Thursday to take stock of the situation at ICFAI University where students clashed after a Khasi girl was allegedly misbehaved by local student on Monday.
Meghalaya assistant inspector general of police GK Iangrai issued a statement on Wednesday stating that the state police contacted its counterpart in Tripura, and they have assured that the students will not be affected and security will be enhanced.
The statement further said, “The Meghalaya police is coordinating with police of the state of Tripura so as to ensure the safety of the students.”
For any immediate assistance that is required students or family members of the students can contact the numbers: 9436337946 and 6033090114.
However, the Khasi Students’ Union wasn’t quite happy with the news of Meghalaya students being attacked.
The KSU headed to the ICFAI University campus in Shillong and asked the authorities concerned to shut down the institution. While speaking to the media, the general secretary of the KSU urged the sponsoring body of ICFAI University to ensure security to the students and act upon the situation immediately.
- What happens if you need to pee while you’re asleep?
- Drivers in Mizoram repair dilapidated roads
- Keeping your cool in a warming world: 8 steps to help manage eco-anxiety
- Assam: RGU celebrates International Peace Day
- Meghalaya: Drugs worth Rs 2 crore seized in Shillong
- Ziro Festival to host Israeli musicians in collaboration with Embassy of Israel