Thoubal: A combined team of the 8th India Reserve (CDO) Battalion and 26 Assam Rifles nabbed an active member of the People’s Liberation Army (PLA), a banned outfit, in Manipur’s Thoubal district on Monday evening.
The rebel, identified as Laishram Sanatomba Meitei (32), alias Sunil or Chingkhomba, of Yairipok Bishnunaha Mayai Leikai was arrested during a search operation carried out in and around the community hall of Yairipok Siphai Leikai, said an official release.
The armed forces team, after receiving a specific information about the movement of some active members of the banned outfit at the location, arrested the rebel who held the rank of ‘2nd lieutenant’ in the outfit. According to reports, Laishram joined PLA in May, 2008.
- Watch: Meghalaya children fall sick after eating ice cream
- Develop ALGs to start fixed-wing flight services in Arunachal: CM to Centre
- Tokyo logs record 5,042 new COVID-19 cases as infections surge amid Olympic Games
- Arunachal: Centre okays memorial for jawan who killed 79 Chinese soldiers in 1962 war
- Assam Gorkhas won’t be tried and prosecuted under the Citizenship Act
- Nagaland Assembly concerned over school ‘occupied’ by Assam Police 14 yrs ago