Kokrajhar: Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC) executive member Ganesh Kachary has been dropped from the council’s health & family welfare and cottage industry departments with ‘immediate effect’.
Although the order issued by the principal secretary of the BTC in Kokrajhar on Monday did not specify any specific reason, sources in the council said he was removed after a sex tape involving the leader went viral on social media a few days ago.
Kachary has been a member of council legislative assembly (MCLA) from Suklai Serfang constituency of Baksa district since 2005 and held the post of executive member in BTC since 2010.
“In pursuance of the order of the Hon’ble Chief,BTC,the departments like Health & Family Welfare and Cottage Industry department allotted to Ganesh Kochary,the then executive member,BTC are hereby withdrawn and placed at the disposal of Hon’ble Chief,BTC for smooth functioning of Bodoland Territorial Council until further order [sic],” the notification issued by the principal secretary of BTC said.
- Northeast: Share a 2-minute video, show the world you are ‘Fit for Life’
- Assam BJP to enrol 18 lakh members
- PM CARES not government fund; works with transparency: HC told
- Bhabanipur bypoll: Man arrested for spreading communal WhatsApp texts
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 23
- Assam: 45 high schools upgraded to higher secondary