Kokrajhar: At least two persons, including a four-year-old child, were reportedly killed and 12 others sustained serious injuries after lightning struck at various places in Assam’s Kokrajhar district on Friday evening.
Heavy rains accompanied by thunderstorm were witnessed in the entire district around 4.15 pm on Friday. At Bhumika village near Bishmuri, a woman received serious injuries when lightning struck at her. She was immediately rushed to MRM Hospital in Kokrajhar where the doctors declared her brought death. She was identified as Dhan Kumari Ghaley (38).
In another incident, a four-year-old child was also killed after lightning struck at Kashpur near Halangbazar under Patgaon police outpost on Friday evening. The victim was identified as Pwsabma Basumatary.
In the heavy thunderstorm, at least 12 other persons were injured at various places of Kokrajhar district. They have all been rushed to the Kokrajhar RNB Civil Hospital after the incident.
The injured have been identified as Charan Kisku (25), Sanatan Hasda (24), Nila Hasda (17), Charan Tudu (13) of Haldibari, Sajen Mushahary (40), Didwm Muchahary (15) of Taigirguri, Afsar Ali Sheikh (26), Rabika Bibi (19), Aklema Bibi(24) of Dhuramari, Onthao Brahma(12), Dhanmanik Brahma (13) and Buha Khaklar (69) of Mainaopur.
- Beyond Bharat Jodo: Can a Third Front challenge BJP-Congress hegemony?
- Tripura 2023: Union min Pratima Bhoumik files nomination for Dhanpur
- Assam: Kailash Satyarthi lauds state govt’s efforts to end child marriages
- JD(U) announces first candidate for Nagaland election
- Assam: Swaheed Krishak Diwas observed in Patharighat
- CPI(M) demands high-level probe against Adani Group