Guwahati: We have seen politicians arrive in luxurious cars, and undertake symbolic gestures in the name of cleanliness. But this Prime Minister in the picturesque Himalayan kingdom of Bhutan is setting an honest example for others to follow.
In some heartwarming pictures that are now doing the rounds of social media, PM Lotay Tshering is seen getting his hands dirty, quite literally, to ensure that his surroundings are clean. The photos are winning hearts, and rightly so.
In one of the pictures, the PM can be seen lifting a bunch of fallen twigs and branches. In another, he is seen in action down a hillock, presumably after a storm, as many trees and branches are strewn around the area.
Tshering was accompanied by several others in his pursuit of cleanliness. And this was not the first time that the down-to-earth PM has taught lessons of dignity in labour.
Earlier this year, he was seen cheering for the Bhutanese soccer team from the stands along with the ‘masses’, where the Prime Minister’s simple approach of encouraging his team as a normal civilian struck the chord among netizens.
Tshering has often been in news for his simple and passionate acts. Despite being the PM, he takes back to his life as a doctor on weekends. While he performs his duties as the Prime Minister of Bhutan on weekdays, he is seen attending to his patients dressed in his white coat on Saturdays.
It may be rightly said that the PM of the Himalayan kingdom is the epitome of simplicity and humility.
- Khel Ratna: Neeraj Chopra, Ravi Dahiya, Lovlina Borgohain among 11 recommended
- 4 key issues to watch as world leaders prepare for Glasgow climate summit
- NATO’s Afghan mission hit by ‘mission creep’?
- 7 Bengal institutes in Centre’s knowledge exchange programme
- COVID-19 virus test results may vary based on time of day: Study
- Northeast got ‘step-motherly treatment’ under Congress: Sonowal