Guwahati: We have often heard of hardcore fans of big celebrities and sportsmen going to any extent to worship their idol or role model. But in this youth ‘s case, he made it ‘permanent’.
The youth, Karna Kundal Bharali, 23, got a tattoo of his ‘god’ — Assam health and family welfare minister Himanta Biswa Sarma — on his forearm.
Bharali is an executive member of the ruling Bharatiya Janta Yuva Morcha (BJYM) in Barpeta district of the state. He acquired the tattoo two years ago in honour of the minister, but the matter came to light only on Tuesday when his friend Lokendra Nath posted a picture of the tattoo on Twitter.
Also Read: BREAKING: ATS team in Assam over death threat to Indian cricketer
Along with the picture, Natha wrote in Assamese (when loosely translated): “Reflection of love and respect to favourite politician Himanta Biswa Sarma. Rare in Assam politics.”
Naturally, when the minister came to know about it, he eventually retweeted the post.
Speaking with EastMojo, the 23-year-old youth said that he is a big fan of Sarma and got the tattoo to honour the minister.
Bharali is currently working under the IT & social media department of BJP Assam Pradesh and is a journalism student at Bhattadev University, Bajali College, Pathsala in Assam.
- Can we trust machines doing the news?
- Assam: Amritpal aide brought to Dibrugarh jail
- Greenhouse gas methane cools our planet even as it heats: Study
- Nagaland govt not prepared to fight people: CM on ULB polls
- Faith and superstition: A journey via the eyes of the poor in Panisokori
- Why bioplastics won’t solve our plastic problems