Guwahati: The National Democratic Front of Boroland (Progressive) [NDFB (P)], has expelled two of its senior leaders for indulging in anti-party activites, said a press release on Wednesday.
Dhiren Boro alias B Sungthagra, advisor, and Fresh Moshahary alias M Fwilao, ‘commandant’ (CO) of eastern zone, have been expelled the from primary membership of the NDFB (P) “for their involvement in subversive activities to divide and destabilise” the party and its allied organisations, said the statement.
NDFB (P) is an armed separatist outfit in Assam demanding a separate Boroland for the Bodo people in Assam.
Also Read: Post-NRC Assam: Govt extends time limit for appeal in FTs
The decision was taken at the NDFB(P)‘s national council meeting held on August 17 where ample evidences were presented against the duo, and a unaninmous resolution for their expulsion was passed.
Further, it said that the outfit has nothing to do with the expelled persons and will not be accountable for their statements or actions.
Speaking on the issue of Jammu & Kashmir, it said that the move should not be confined to J&K, as movements are going on in different parts of India demanding separate state, and the Centre should look into these problems with sympathy, read the statement hinting at a separate state of Boroland.
- Pro-Khalistani protesters attack Indian Consulate in San Francisco
- I cannot be intimidated by police, cases: Rahul Gandhi
- Indo-Bangla border along Dhubri ‘hot zone of crime’: Assam CM
- AI route to stem jumbo deaths: NFR, RailTel ink MoU for IDS
- Nagaland: Southern Angami Body lifts movement ban on Mao Nagas
- Assam: IGNCA observes 36th Foundation Day