Aizawl: The Mizoram government will set up an e-visa centre in Champhai district near Myanmar border to facilitate issuing of visa online for entry to the neighbouring country, official sources said on Sunday. The sources said the proposed e-visa facilitation centre will be set up at Champhai district deputy commissioner’s office within one or two months from now.
An official release said that state law minister TJ Lalnuntluanga discussed the matter with Champhai district deputy commissioner Dr Naveen Aggrawal and other officials on Saturday, where officials widely discussed about setting up the e-visa centre to enable people to apply for visa online for entry into Myanmar.
Based on the minister’s suggestion the visa centre will be set up at Champhai district office, the release said.
The meeting also observed that the proposed e-visa facilitation centre will be helpful in constructing a better immigration centre and integrated check post.
Accompanied by officials, Lalnuntluanga also visited immigration office at Khawmawi in Myanmar and held interactions with officials of the Myanmar government.
- 10 ULB militants arrested in Assam
- Lakhs of crores of rupees donated to PM-CARES, where is that money, asks Mamata
- Assam: More DNLA cadre come overground after signing accord
- Assam CM to move Gauhati HC for judicial inquiry into Sipajhar violence
- Home-grown artisans showcase creativity at 2nd Nagaland handmade jewellery exhibition
- China declares all cryptocurrency transactions illegal